- Today's suggested practice: Day 9 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Tango Bardo w Limón García, El Pañuelito (thank you Alejandra Orozco for this today!)
- My morning practice: 75 minutes of physical, yogic, and meditative practice, including Linking with the Infinite mantra and pranayama, and Infinite Trust meditation (with Solving Communication Problems meditation later in the forest)
- My vulnerability practice: I feel this fragility, so beautiful and tender, slipping through me...
—Hans Peter Meyer
TODAY'S MEDITATION How long ago did I begin to understand this? That the pain I feel standing on the edge of my vulnerability, my raw openness to life, this is the burn I need to know.... when did this begin to sear itself in me as a brand, a tattoo of fire teaching me that I am here only to burn and burn and burn more brightly, that I may know Her gifts?
Right now, with this breath, I know Her flow. I sit and I receive and a smile blossoms in my heart. The only way I am here in this now of blossoming is to breathe, to open, to step with my heart wide open into this crucible of life and learning to love. To let it burn me. Let it test me. Let it prove me as the man I love.
The fire of Her tests burn away all that is protecting me from being this man I love. The fire of Her tests reveals me to myself as the man she trusts to hold her safe, safe enough to blossom into her radiance as my beloved.
I am he who must be trusted. I AM this man, And, breathing long and deep into myself and into the earth that grounds me I am grateful for all the testing.
TODAY’S INSPIRATIONS 🌀Life is like a purifying fire that sets ablaze all our false notions of control. We eagerly jump in and then are surprised when we get burned. (Gopika, yoginishaktitantra)
🌀Listen to your heart through your fear, and be willing to take the next step without the slightest idea of what will happen when you do. (David Deida, Wild Nights)
🌀Changing your breath is the highway to changing your awareness. (Tim and Marieke, Kundalini Yoga School, Infinite Trust sadhana, Day 9)
🌀I’m always impressed by you. (My beloved, my Oracle)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE Day nine of this month's practice, nine minutes to be the husbandman of joy in this moment…
Please read through first, then ...
- Today, stillness with one question: Where do you shy away from the pain of the burn that is you feeling beyond yourself, your comfort zone?
- Set your timer for nine minutes.
- Sit. Align yourself by breathing slowly through your nose and down through your softened throat. Feel the "almost-snoring" of your breath as it passes into your body, filling your belly, your heart, pressing down into your pelvis. .... Close your eyes.
- Feel your breath opening your body and let this question of your edge, your shyness of the pain that teaches you to be so much more, so much more open to what life brings... let this question open you...
- Breathe into wherever the question settles, or where it stirs, pokes, prods, irritates... Breathe into this noticing, your awareness the powerful presence that allows you to hold more than you imagine, to feel more than you believe possible. Breathe long, slow, deep breaths into any sensations of pain ... Allow the pain to lead you deeper into yourself, the powerful presence of who you are... and your capacity to receive life, more life, always more life...
- As the timer signals the end of this short nine minutes of feeling into your pain, your own burning edge and allow your eyes to slowly open. Notice the peace and absence of pain in the room or forest in which you are sitting. Allow this space to flood with gentle pleasures.... And as you step into your day notice how you are able to hold space for so much testing, without shyness, without flinching, trusting yourself to be enough. More than enough, so much more that life becomes joy.
More meditations, practices, and inspirations at apprenticeshiptolove.com