SHE CALLS ME & BREAKS MY HEART OPEN
Daily Meditation, Inspirations, and Practices for the Sacred Masculine, November 17
- Today's suggested practice: Day 17 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Villa-Lobos, Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 https://music.apple.com/ca/album/bachianas-brasileiras-no-5-for-soprano-and-cellos/1452325943?i=1452326454
- My morning practice: 3:30am: 60 minutes, physical , yogic practice, including Meditation for Grounding and Heart Opening
- My vulnerability practice: Feeling into her silence drawing me deeper. Terrified, yet holding myself open as I am drawn, ever deeper…
Hans Peter Meyer
VIDEOLaughing, as I gather these stones of regret…
What strange poetry is this?
I am listening to Villa-Lobos, a moment from his Bachianas Brasileiras. No. 5 It is haunting. Truly a Siren’s song.
Her throat, exposed.
Her heart, offered.
How easy it is for me to slip into the warrior-taking, the warrior-conquering, without considering once to breathe, to open this heart beyond the warrior mythology.
When Circe the witch, the lover of Odysseus, schooled him to hear the Sirens’ song, and how to do it without losing his heart, did it change that warrior-adventurer?
We are raised, as men, to stop our ears.
Or are we born with this affliction, this protection that sacrifices the terrible beauty of the feminine in the name of knowledge and power? That the tender yet most powerful Siren song never stirs us?
Unless, perhaps, we are inside her already & our eyes should meet? Perhaps. And perhaps our breaths should breathe each other? Maybe then? Maybe. But the vulnerability, the tenderness of my heart … if I were to stay with this song, then surely all of my plans, all the purpose that I have worked so hard to believe, all that I know in my limited knowing — all of this, obliterated, smashed to pieces in a sacrifice to her silent song, sung through her eyes, her throat, her moaning belly, her mystery of sex…
Once it is knowledge, it is too late, I was told. To live by intuition, to know without knowledge. To feel Her. To feel into Her, and risk it all. Not for adventure, but for the wisdom that terrifies us, as men. The wisdom of the womb that is not just the birthing of our sons and daughters, but the birthing of the men we are afraid to be.
Can you hear this Siren’s song? Can you hear Her calling you?
I do. And I am terrified. Yet, practising, I learn to hold myself open, to be the steadfast presence while I feel it all, sense it all, allow it all, and am destroyed and made more than I am.
🌀 ...a good marriage is one in which each partner appoints the other to be the guardian of his solitude, and thus they show each other the greatest possible trust.... ( Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet)
🌀 …when you consistently practice and deepen your meditative skills, the brain-mind connection develops higher sensitivities that begin to expose the faint edges of these cosmic whispers.
This is the purpose of a daily practice of meditation, conscious breathing, and stretching into your yogic body-glove. Stretching, breathing, and meditating inspire you to fully occupy the life you've been gifted. This allows you to eventually navigate this spacetime of subtleties, with accuracy and confidence. The additional alchemy of this reality is -- whenever awareness takes place in one -- it's then available to everyone. (Guru Singh & Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀The Conscious Warrior is committed to developing strength of the mind, physical body, and nervous system through dedicated physical, yogic, and meditative practice. (John Wineland, Precept 6)
🌀I see you doing it. (My beloved, my Oracle & Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 17 of this month's practice, take 1 minute today to sit and listen to, or chant, the deep Aum (Om) mantra... The “universal sound”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this mantra, let this question stir within you…. What song calls me to the edges of myself, the edges of my knowing? What stops me from hearing this song? What is so precious that I will not allow myself to experience the unknown, the unimaginable, the terrible beauty that is just beyond me?
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 1 minutes or listen to the mantra sung by Sad Guru here: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyG7B0jR_kH8VHLIUixJH6bABoGRAFBKu (I recommend setting your timer for 11 minutes and having this on repeat).
• As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨
Ps. The next Basic Six: Path of the Sacred Masculine, Part I online nervous system training for men begins January 1. Please share this with men who give a sh*t. FMI https://www.sacredbodies.ca/lite/basicsix