- Today's suggested practice: Day 28 of seven minutes to enjoy the overwhelm ... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Mirabai Ceibo, Ajai Alai https://is.gd/e1UzHf
- My morning practice: 75 minutes of physical, yogic, and meditative practice, including Linking with the Infinite mantra and pranayama, and Solving Communication Problems kriya
- My vulnerability practice: I follow her softening, as the shore follows the tide back out to the infinite depths and mystery of the ocean from whence it came.
- See May/June offer (below)
—Hans Peter Meyer
And then it all happened so fast. And the slower I went, the more came pouring into me.
These past two days, so much given to me. Overwhelming, how much was given to me. And, how much more is waiting. I can feel it. And all I have to do to not be swept away by this flood of her nourishment is slow down. Become even more slow. Let her opening, so slow, so tender, be the gauge, showing me that my lead has to be even slower.
So much trust. So much subtle yet unrelenting opening. Overwhelming. To feel that much trust being placed in me.
So often in these past two days I've had to remind myself: slow down, savour it, feel it all and enjoy it all as it ever so slowly, painfully almost, opens me up. I slow and she opens and her opening invites me to slow and open even more and all the while I'm feeling more and more vulnerable, more at the edge of overwhelmed but somehow managing to stay with the opening, the slowing... Allowing her to fill me up to overflowing...
Holding space for her, opening to her, I am holding space for myself, I am opening to myself.
I become so still that she flows, freely, and fills me to overflowing.
MAY/JUNE OFFERIf you are feeling overwhelmed, angry, afraid —for any reason— please reach out for support. If you don’t have someone at hand, I’m offering a couple of sessions a week (subject to availability) in May and June 2022 at no charge to anyone feeling like "it's too much." Please use the OVERWHELM code to by-pass payment at sacredbodies.ca
TODAY'S INSPIRATIONS🌀[You are] like a leaf on a tree that does not believe it's fully related to the leaf hanging next to it or on the far side of the tree.
This sense of separateness gives rise to all of your negative emotions, the ones where you fear another leaf, doubt another leaf, believe that other leaves are your enemy...or at least not your friends. You share the same roots and trunk, you are the same lifeforce and whatever happens to another -- definitely affects you, even when you're not aware of it. (Guru Singh and Guruperkarma, Connecting Threads)
🌀Recognize that the other person is you. (Yogi Bhajan , Aquarian Sutra 1)
🌀I never imagined myself coming to you like this. (My beloved, my Oracle)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE Day 28 of this month's practice, seven minutes to hold space for yourself to slow down and enjoy the overwhelm...
Please read through first, then ...
- If you don't have the Mera Man Loche on iTunes https://is.gd/uqOxd8 you'll find it here on YouTube:
As everyday of this practice, let the vibrations of these sounds lead you to feel longing and sacrifice, impatience and patience, and devotion to yourself as a more powerful presence than you've ever known yourself to be...
- Sit. Align yourself. Breath slowly through your nose. Tuck your chin and feel your spine and your heart drawn upward, opening ....
- Turn the music on, and close your eyes.
- As you feel the stillness of your body allow yourself to also notice the bits of feelings that are at the edge of this stillness. Or, maybe they're at the centre of this stillness? Wherever your feelings are, whether you can name them or they're just a discomfort or a warmth or a stiffness somewhere in your body, bring your focus there and allow this feeling to become bigger. Allow it to become even bigger and BIGGER. Allow it for these few minutes to become almost OVERWHELMING. Trust yourself to allow yourself to feel, for just seven minutes. Less than seven minutes. Six minutes of feeling into this thought or feeling, this pleasure or this pain or this worry....
- Keep breathing long and slow and deep. Slow your breath even more as you feel even more of whatever you're feeling. Your breath holds the space, allows you to slow enough to feel it all and hold it all and NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING about what you're feeling.
- As the song ends, allow yourself feel how slow you've become, how slow your breath has become, how much you are able to hold without being overwhelmed... As you step into the rest of your day bring this awareness of yourself into every moment... The world thrives in your still, huge awareness.
More meditations, practices, and inspirations at apprenticeshiptolove.com