- Today's suggested practice: Day 12 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Elizabeth Poston, Jesus Christ the Apple Tree https://music.apple.com/ca/album/jesus-christ-the-apple-tree/390511368?i=390511381
- My morning practice: 4:30am: 75 minutes of yogic practice, including Meditation for Trust
- My vulnerability practice: Listening, my ears unstopped, to hear it all… with my heart open, grounded and receiving it all.
- “Men, Women, Sex, the Sacred Womb” is the topic for our open online co-ed group conversation, with feminine cohost Sarah Anderson. Please register at http://sacredbodies.ca/events
Hans Peter Meyer
These dark days…
The morning of this day is calm. The sun shines. My garden rests. But there is a storm.
I am so often afraid. What she feels, it’s so much…. And in this moment I breathe & choose to open rather than close. To be, yes, to be the man I love. Only this man can lead her through her feelings into the unimaginable beyond… Thus I practice: to build this nervous system, in service to Her beauty & Her love. I am the husbandman to this moment, this sacred womb giving birth to the man I love…
Is it the moon? Is it the darkening of the year? Or is it simply the always-changing nature of Her restless ocean?
I am feeling it. Unsettled by it.
Around me the waves of sorrow and anguish, the tides of denial and resistance. Within me, the seething resentment —and yes, resistance…
I woke today before dawn. Called by this restlessness, experienced as my unchained mind wandering through doubts and worries… I know. I know that this is the calling to practice after a day of no-practice, after days of thin practice, after days of disturbance, the crashing of Her storm against the too-fragile stability of my presence and stability. I know this as nothing more than the call to practice. Drama, yes. Overwhelming, yes. These are Her wonts. But really, nothing more than a request: be the stability, the polarity She needs to be fully experienced, fully known, fully held. Fully enjoyed.
It is only through practice that I know this drama, these storms, as beauty. As nourishment. As the wisdom blessing this moment of breathing.
“Jesus Christ the apple tree.” It sounds like a joke I heard recently. But not a joke, at least not as I listen to this morning’s playlist. A discovery. A Christmas carol celebrating the richness of life. Her blessings. When I pay attention.
This will be a recurring theme in these days leading to the winter Solstice and the Rauhnächte, the dark days to follow. Wanting light, and love, I miss the light and the love that are always with me. And so I wake, tenderly, to the tenderness of these dark days. Their womb-like quality a reminder of what it means to be born: a painful passage into something unimaginably bright, awful, wondrous, more than I can bear, all that I desire.
Now, to welcome these days and this darkness and this birth. With every breath, choosing to open to it, or close. To welcome all that greets me. The silence. The complaints. The raging. The joyful noise of life. The calls for help, and the calls for dancing and singing and celebration. The silence, always the deep calling of her silence, calling me deeper into this dark birthing passage…
Am I listening? Am I attending?
I deserve nothing, yet I am given everything. And so tenderly. When I am paying attention…
🌀 …they cannot experience the experience of receiving attention so they crave it.
…realize your role is to assist others in dealing and living with such a world. (Guru Singh & Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀You deserve nothing. (Kendra Cunov)
🌀The Feminine only wants to nourish you. How are you resisting Her? (paraphrasing John Wineland)
🌀You must face annihilation over and over again to find out what is indestructible in yourself. (Pema Chodron)
🌀You are beautiful. (My beloved, my Oracle & Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 12 of this month's practice, take 6 minutes today to sit and listen to “The Longing”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this song, let this question stir within you…. What is your storm? What is the silent heart of this storm, and how is it calling you? Listen to this heart of the storm, allowing the raging to become beautiful.
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 6 minutes or listen to “The Longing” by M Path here:
• As the timer signals or the song ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨