- *Tomorrow at 11am, Pacific time I host this month’s co-ed group conversation, with guest Katrine K. Our topic, “Feminine Vulnerability, Masculine Presence.” Register at https://www.sacredbodies.ca/monthlywork
- Today's suggested practice: Day 15 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Mahler, Symphony No. 2, “Primeval Light” https://music.apple.com/ca/album/symphony-no-2-in-c-minor-resurrection-iv-urlicht-sehr/1151514646?i=1151514783
- My morning practice: 5:30am: 45 minutes, physical , yogic practice, including 4-part breath practice
- My vulnerability practice: I feel her presence and her need and I become slow, holding her with my breath, holding her tenderly, holding myself tenderly…
Hans Peter Meyer
Men, consider the women who have given birth to the man you are…
I have visited the wilderness. I am flayed. I am broken open. And there is nothing I am sorry about: this is what I need, the deep tearing open that reveals my heart.
I started to write this yesterday, after three days of teaching. Holding space. Then, the collapse. My nervous system needing to be held. So I stopped writing. Walked in the woods. Bought honey. Haunted familiar places. Seeking sweetness, reassurance. And in that silence she spoke. (I knew this would happen, if I let things become —“things” meaning me, myself, and I— if I let myself become quiet enough, sufficient enough, she would be drawn towards me. And so it was.
It’s hard for me to absorb this: that there is always enough time, that there is no urgency, no timeline, no mileposts, etcetera.
As the men worked this weekend I kept finding myself struggling with impatience. Not with them, but simply with the duration. I know that every practice requires durée…. it’s own length of time, it’s own way. There is no benefit to shortening or interrupting, and especially when there is suffering, necessary suffering.
In my own practice I struggle with the durée, the necessary suffering. It is, as I said, hard for me to absorb that time is not the issue, that there is a necessary duration and in that duration truths I resist, truths I don’t want to know, truths I can’t imagine —all of them here for me, gifts to me, treasures unbidden.
One of the basic lessons of my life: the sacred nature of duration. Or, simply, the magic of slowing down, allowing the feminine, the divine She, the source of all, to come, to blossom, to nourish in Her way. In Her time.
So simple. Yes.
So hard to do. Yes.
That’s why I practice.
She is only a breath away. Only a long and patient and knowing breath away. And wild. She is wild and will not be tamed. So to love this durée. To love Her wild. To allow myself to enjoy Her however, whenever, wherever She arrives.
She is always arriving. I need only sit with the durée.
🌀Our prayer is that you always feel there's plenty of time to achieve anything you intend... (Guru Singh & Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times. (Yogi Bhajan, Aquarian Sutra 4)
🌀The Conscious Warrior is continuously refining his deepest purpose through dedicated time in solitude and in the company of other conscious men. (John Wineland, Precept 10)
🌀I see you doing it. (My beloved, my Oracle & Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 15 of this month's practice, take 1 minute today to sit and listen to, or chant, the deep Aum (Om) mantra... The “universal sound”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this mantra, let this question stir within you…. How and where can I slow down, just a little more? What part of my body must relax, open to become slower and more vulnerable more receptive to Her gifts of this moment?
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 1 minutes or listen to the mantra sung by Sad Guru here: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyG7B0jR_kH8VHLIUixJH6bABoGRAFBKu (I recommend setting your timer for 11 minutes and having this on repeat).
• As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨
Ps. The next in the Vancouver Island Co-ed polarities workshop and #Menswork retreat series is in Tofino (February 24-26). FMI see http://sacredbodies.ca/events (as an #apprenticeshiptolove subscriber you get 20% off; ask me about that)