- Today's suggested practice: 15 minutes ... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Dino Saluzzi, Por el Sol y por la Lluvia
- My morning practice: 45 minutes, warm-up, followed by Sat kriya (Linking to the Infinite saved for this afternoon in the woods...)
- My vulnerability practice: This practice is all I need, to deepen me, to open me, to open my beloved... trust this and breathe...
—Hans Peter Meyer
We don't understand, as masculine-identified men, the importance of dancing with our beloved. She yearns to move, and to be safely held, seen, known as she moves. When we take a moment to dance with her, even it's just to stand or shuffle a few paces, while she relaxes into our powerful and confident embrace.... we step out of our need to solve, achieve, produce, and we simply hold a holy space for something sacred, her opening.
There is little that makes me so happy as to witness her radiance. So, always, what is my practice, that I can know her radiance more deeply, more freely?
The short circuit to her radiance for many of us is to imagine the polarized sexual moment of new relationship as "normal." It is not normal. It is a highly charged moment that rapidly diminishes in sexual charge as other gifts reveal themselves. Affection. Conviviality. Conversation. Companionship. All beautiful. None with the charge of polarity.
To sustain the level of polarity of first encounters is impossible. To revisit, rekindle, re-ignite is possible. It just takes effort. On our part, as the masculine polarity. And, frankly, most of us are too lazy for that level of work. One of my teachers says that, to honour our beloved sexually, we must prepare for 72 hours.
A man recently told me that he admires me, but can't understand how I do this thing, not having sex with a woman for so long. I answered by saying that my experience of sex now has less and less to do with the physical penetration and especially the ejaculation that I had always prized. Now, it has to do with this holy work of preparing, experiencing my beloved as she opens to me with her heart, penetrating her with a deeper regard and a higher trustworthiness than I could ever have imagined.
It has been easy for me to take sex for granted. To take her radiance for granted. It is one of my practices, to sharpen my practice. To not take myself, my sexuality, her radiance —none of it for granted.
Today I practice. I wake early and tune my body. I align myself with who I am. I breathe. I meditate. I hold her safe in my heart. I feel her trust in my body. I become slow enough to know the sexual nourishment of her radiance, her yearning for blossoming, though she is a million miles away. It is her distant presence that shows me this holy path. She is my Oracle and as I slow myself I become the polarity that blossoms her.
🌀...Ignite your abilities to move the mountains of the human psyche, and dig deep into your relentless powers of courage.
...make a difference in this limited, misguided, uncivilization ... discipline yourself every day to reach these miraculous realms and use them to make a difference. (Guru Singh and Guruperkarma Kaur, Deep Earth Herstory)
🌀Breath more deeply. Steady your movements. Soften your heart. Make your gaze softer. Bring more playfulness until you can feel your partner's heart bloom. (John Wineland)
🌀...a good marriage is one in which each partner appoints the other to be the guardian of his solitude, and thus they show each other the greatest possible trust.... ( Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet)
🌀I am always impressed by you. (My beloved, my Oracle)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
15 minutes to witness Her radiance ...
Please read through first, then ...
- Bring yourself to a room or outside space with a view. Stand (or sit) in front of it. Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Looking straight ahead with a soft focus into the distance feel yourself stable, oriented. Your feet or your sit bones are planted, firm. Feel your pelvis and thighs and knees and calves and ankles heavy. Dense. Tugged by gravity, the earth's embrace.
- Looking with a soft focus, your breath slowing and deepening feel your spine lifted out of your pelvis. Tuck your chin slightly and feel your chest lifted. Imagine the flow of energy that begins in the earth's core, extends up through your perineum, your root. Feel it as it aligns your root, your sex organs, your navel centre, your heart, throat, the centre of your skull behind your "third eye," and up through the crown of your head into the heavens. As your breathe in, imagine the energy moving down this column. As you gently exhale, imagine the energy moving up. You are a conduit between these polarities.... Just notice how your body feels as you imagine this polarized flow of energy in your body.
- Looking out at the view with a soft focus move your attention now fully into this view. Is there wind? Are there birds? Insects? Other animals? Are there buds or flowers or seeds or grasses? Keep your gaze soft but let it be powerfully present, drinking in the details that She, Nature, the ever-changing feminine, is offering you in this moment. Notice your attention wandering to thoughts. Allow those thoughts to move, and gently bring your attention back to Her offerings.... Practice this noticing your mind wanting to distract you and your capacity to allow the distraction to pass as your bring your attention back to She Who Needs To Be Seen, Known, Ravished With Your Presence.
- As you practice notice yourself deepening into your masculine, whether you are a man or a woman, becoming in this moment the embodiment, the polarity that is He Who Must Be Trusted, He Who Attends. Notice your resistance to becoming this still and present. Notice your pleasure in simply holding space for Her endless unfolding.
- As the timer signals gently close your eyes and relax your breath and your posture. Bow to Her and Her sacred gifts. Bow to yourself, your holiness, your capacity to be still and penetrate Her sacred offering. After a moment, open your eyes to see Her again, but this time outside of the sacred space you've created with your attention. Perhaps you smile as you return to your day, having known, for a few minutes, the richness and juiciness of Her radiance. She is all around you, always. Notice when you forget and take Her for granted. Then breathe and, inwardly, bow as you begin to know that every moment is preparation for sacred play, sacred pleasure. Share