- Today's suggested practice: Day 23 of seven minutes to be ... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Gabrielle Roth & The Mirrors, Elusinian Blue
- My morning practice: 90 minutes of physical, yogic, and meditative practice, including Linking with the Infinite mantra and pranayama, and Solving Communication Problems kriya
- My vulnerability practice: Feel the emptiness and yearning in this silence, and be still enough to let it blossom in my heart...
—Hans Peter Meyer
TODAY'S MEDITATION Maybe there is no healing. Maybe there are no warriors.
Maybe there is no healing, only the endless shedding of skins, the breaking through the crust of life’s inevitable traumas turned into scars, breaking through into the art of who we are.
Maybe I am just another apprentice to my sacred masculine purpose, learning to hold safe space for the divine feminine that yearns to flow in all of us as our unique gift of love in this life. Maybe I am the husbandman to all of the beauty She brings to me.
I practice to know alignment with myself. Aligned with myself and my truth, I experience peace within this body-mind. Aligned, attuned to the vibrations of this moment, I open and receive the beauty and the love that is all around me and within me, Her treasures hidden in mystery and darkness that practice alone allows me to fully experience.
I practice to be safe enough that She reveals these treasures. I am not a warrior. I do not need healing. I am a man breaking through the scar tissue of my disappointments, my pains, my regrets that I may trust all that She gives to me.
TODAY'S INSPIRATIONSIt takes the same amount of energy to do your practice as to not do your practice.
The only difference is that when you do use the energy to do your practice (instead of not), you will benefit from the transforming shift in awareness that increases your capacity to observe your mind and no longer get caught in its games and intrigues! You use the energy to help your body to destress, get stronger and regenerate. You use the energy to create promoting habits instead of spending your energy on demoting habits. (Tim & Marieke, Kundalini Yoga School, Destress sadhana, Day 22)
The Conscious Warrior is committed to developing strength of the mind, physical body, and nervous system through dedicated physical, yogic, and meditative practice. (John Wineland, Precept 6)
I have found it to be true that for those genuinely engaged in masculine practice, it can be difficult to cultivate and sustain s*xual desire when one's attention is consistently rested in formlessness.
It is a part of the masculine s*xual yoga, then, to cultivate the capacity to maintain arousal without disconnecting from formlessness or consciousness.
For feminine practitioners, it is our beloved's connection with formlessness that actually allows us to trust and open with them s*xually. (Nina Lombardo, Way of Devotion)
You’re not like that now. (My beloved, my Oracle)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE Day 23 of this month's practice, seven minutes to be opened ...
Please read through first, then ...
- If you don't have the Mera Man Loche on iTunes https://is.gd/uqOxd8 you'll find it here on YouTube:
As everyday of this practice, listen to these words that you likely don't know beyond any literal meaning they might have. Be foolish enough, sensitive enough, courageous enough to feel the wisdom of these words of longing and sacrifice and patience and devotion as the vibrations of sound that help you crack open to Her blossoming...
- Breathing slowly through your nose, align yourself while sitting or lying down. Let your body settle and become heavy, even as your spine (if sitting) and your heart (if sitting or lying) is drawn upward ....
- Turn the music on and close your eyes.
- Feel how good it feels to be still in your body.... Pay attention. Feel the sensations of tightness and opening, of crust and fluidity, of ache and delight... Receive these sensations as gifts, the pain with the pleasure. It is ALL for you to enjoy. No need to do anything but feel it all, enjoy it all. You are alive.
- As the song ends, allow yourself to become heavy and "drop" into your pelvis, the chair, the floor, the earth. Feel how solid you are as you open your eyes and notice your spaciousness, how you fill the room, the forest, the garden —wherever you are sitting, your sensations expand far beyond your physical body into this space. Now, taking three gentle, relaxed breaths, feel yourself without effort open and ready to receive and enjoy everything this day brings to you... All of this is here for you.
More meditations, practices, and inspirations at apprenticeshiptolove.com