- Today's suggested practice: Day 20 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: The wind moving Her way through Her garden, children screaming with joy in the alley beyond me... and now, Dexter Gordon, Darn that Dream
- My morning practice: waking at 3:30am for 90+ minutes of physical, yogic, and meditative practice, including Infinite Trust meditation and pranayama (breath work)
- My vulnerability practice: I let myself feel into her, a million miles away, my feet planted, trusting these roots, this breath...
—Hans Peter Meyer
TODAY'S MEDITATIONFeeling into her, a million miles away, I tell her: I am your husbandman. I've neglected you, and have felt regret, been changed by my regret, been made to understand my failings as a man, by my regret. For this I am grateful. So grateful to be breathing, now, into the man I love. So grateful to be breathing, deeply into the man I am, rather than shallow-breathing the shadow of myself.
I am your husbandman. I've held your broken spirit in my heart, weeping. I've known your sorrow and your sacrifice. I've tended to your tenderness.
I am your husbandman. I've breathed myself into being the man I love, and, holding you firmly yet without force or constraint, watched you become yourself again. Radiant. Whimsical. Like the wind.
I am your husbandman, and you laid that at my feet: your joy, your freedom, your blossoming. Because of you, you said, and then you flew away, free, knowing you are held, loved, allowed to be so free.
My habit is to take. I am learning to receive. I am aspiring, breathing in, rather than conquering. I am the husbandman. I am not a warrior.
The difference between aspiring and conquering is not so subtle. It lies in how I hold my body, how I breathe. This is the heart of what is called sexual yoga, for me, as a masculine-identified man: To be strong, yes; Firm, yes; Grounded, absolutely; Yet soft, almost painfully vulnerable in my heart, my belly, my throat, my sex. I am so strong and I trust these roots so deeply planted that I am allowing my penetration to open the source for me to receive all She gives me, to be so rooted that she flies, free, joyful, radiant, whimsical.
I don’t have to force myself in the world. I don’t have to conquer Her. She wants only to flow, to be the source of my joy, my pleasure, my love. And so, penetrated by my trustworthiness, knowing my roots go deep, she gives me everything. Though she is a million miles away, flying free.
TODAY'S INSPIRATIONS🌀She can feel your inner alignment, which calms her nervous system.She can sense your depth and stability, which allows her to open to you.She feels safe when the storm comes, because she knows your roots run deep. (Dominick Quartuccio)
🌀Do you have any idea how beautiful you are, when you lean back and allow me to worship [you]...? Do you understand what a deep honour it is to be allowed to devote my whole being to receive you in my [body]....? The act of giving is actually melting away. It's only receiving and receiving. (Katrine, Dark Feminine Desire)
🌀Our prayer is that you realize and recognize everything is life; that you don't need so much to be happy; that you don't need to rip such massive amounts from the mother's body; that the creatures of this planet are not your food, but your companions...all on the same journey of evolution. Look to the joys of simplicity; discover the ways of true happiness; be the stewards of all life...be assets, not thieves, on this planet...be the humans, being humane. (Guru Singh and Guruperkarma Kaur, Stewardship)
🌀The love from the divine feminine is all the divine masculine needs as a teacher, because it is all-encompassing. Its unforced & undemanding nature summon forth a life of deeper integrity & purpose.But the masculine has to be willing to receive it.If he's unwilling, he will be afraid & run.This is a sign that he is scared of his depth. (Preston Bryant)
🌀You are beautiful. (My beloved, my Oracle)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICEDay 20 of this month's practice, take 11 minutes today to breathe into your belly and receive...
Please read through first, then ...
- Today, sit (or stand) in stillness with this question.... Are my roots deep enough to let Her fly away, free to be beautiful?
- Set your timer for 11 minutes or listen to the "Adi Shakti" mantra here:
- Setup: your "setup" for daily practice is critical. It is, in fact, how you "stand your ground," not to resist, but to receive.
- If you are feminine-identified, please sit or lie down to allow your body to be a still container and allow the river that flows through you to nourish you. If you are masculine-identified, practice disciplining yourself to stand, feeling the tension in your body as you root, creating a safe space for yourself as the powerful presence your own river needs to freely move through you and through your world.
- Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
- Focus on the movement of your breath through your body as a tide, a current, a dance of feminine energy wanting to move through and into every part of you, bringing you gifts and nourishment you cannot imagine, so do not try to imagine, just feel the flow of breath moving through you...
- As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, just full. Nourished. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still.
Please share where appropriate.