- NOTE: Tomorrow’s open online #menswork groups (11am and 6pm) will focus on “Relationship Changes” and whatever that means to you. Register at https://www.sacredbodies.ca/monthlywork
- Today's suggested practice: Day 1 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Matutinum: Invitatorium, Antiphonae https://music.apple.com/ca/album/matutinum-invitatorium-antiphona-adsunt-thomae/375948566?i=375948589
- My morning practice: 6am for 45 minutes of yoga and Meditation for Authentic Self-Expression (day 37/40)
- My vulnerability practice: I feel my neediness as my impatience: I want it “my way,” in “my time.” And, breathing, I hold this pain and allow it to blossom into I know not what…
- New on the podcast this past week: “Unconventional Marriage, Part 1,” with guest Melissa Bloxham (with a guided meditation at the end, inspired by Melissa’s words) https://is.gd/FoxqEX
Hans Peter Meyer
VIDEONovember is National Domestic Violence Awareness month. A good time to be considering what a “sacred masculine” practice is, given that reported domestic violence has risen significantly in the past two years.
Trust my knowing. Allow the tenderness of my doubt to sharpen me, to make me even more susceptible to Her gifts. I am here. I am still. My body is open to receive, with every breath.
Patience, my heart. Patience. Let this woman feel all that she needs to feel, and hold her safe in the arms of your powerful presence, your powerful patience. And so I pray, feeling the knives of impatience carving into my resolve.
What do I know?
That I am too quick to think. Too quick to move. Too quick to want.
Her gifts of silence and distance and withdrawal are, for this man, truly gifts, unbidden by this impatient heart.
My patience, the only thing she really asked of me, this is tested. And tested, I come to be the man she knows me to be, the man I am, reluctantly.
Until I know myself as this man, and with this much depth, and with this much courage to sit, silent, in this dark —until I know myself as this man I know only this: she will test, and test, and test again, and knowing also that the more she feel safe to feel, the more safety to feel she will need. There is a lifetime of pain and denial to experience. Finally. In the embrace of my patient and powerful presence. A million miles away.
Nights of grief and mystery, indeed.
🌀Illusion is the course of all existence...the nature of the fabric of space-time. Authenticity is the opportunity within the weave of the fabric, setting up the pattern that travels through it all.Our prayer is that you authentically exist within the illusion of the fabric of your space-time. (Guru Singh and Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀Breathe and she will return. (John Wineland, NYC October 2019)
🌀You’re not like that now. (My beloved, my Oracle & my Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 1 of this month's practice, take 1 minute today to sit and listen to, or chant, the deep Aum (Om) mantra... The “universal sound”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this mantra, let this question stir within you…. Where in my body or mind am I feeing this vibration? What, if anything, is it stirring in me?
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 1 minute or listen to the mantra sung by Sad Guru here: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyG7B0jR_kH8VHLIUixJH6bABoGRAFBKu (I recommend setting your timer for 11 minutes and having this on repeat).
• As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨
Ps. There is still room in the Vancouver Island Co-ed polarities workshop in Comox (Nov 11). Please talk to me if you’ve got questions. Set up a chat at sacredbodies.ca/chat