I SACRIFICE & BECOME MORE MYSELF
Daily Meditation, Inspirations, and Practices for the Sacred Masculine, November 3
- NOTE: The November 16 11am co-ed group features guest Katrine K (you may know her from her @darkfemininedesire work on Instagram). Register at sacredbodies.ca/monthlywork
- Today's suggested practice: Day 3 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Anonymous, Tierra i cieolos sequexavan https://music.apple.com/ca/album/tierra-i-cielos-se-quexavan/696903164?i=696904182
- My morning practice: Slept in. Will do the Meditation for Authentic Self-Expression later…
- My vulnerability practice: To understand the power of sacrifice, the fear, and the freedom for my heart…
- ICYMI “Unconventional Marriage, Part 1,” with guest Melissa Bloxham (with a guided meditation at the end, inspired by Melissa’s words) podcast at https://is.gd/FoxqEX
Hans Peter Meyer
It’s not a popular thing, to advocate for sacrifice. But as I am confronted daily with how much we feel the need to protect ourselves, to insulate ourselves from all that threatens to “hurt” …. Well, I think it’s important to say a few things about how important sacrifice is to the future of love. Your love. My love. Our love.
It’s been, as I said in the “Relationship Change” men’s group discussion last night, a time of adjustment recently. Definitely a change in my relationship with the kind of reality I like to think of as my preferred “lifestyle.” And maybe this is the only relationship that really matters, the one between myself and the reality I try to shape to my wants? When I think about “relationship change” I think about things that happen between my beloved and me, between family members and me, colleagues and me, the world and me.
But really, it’s just me and my expectations, my wants. That’s the relationship that causes me problems.
So, here I am. After a couple of days of disruption as I step back into an active “Dad” role, putting my daughter, her family, first. Here I am, after a couple of days of change, with a few moments to notice. To write.
Notice how much I miss my daily practice.
Notice how grateful I am to have this family as part of my extended family.
Notice how much love I have all around me, and how much I feel towards so many people.
Notice how, being with less people gives me more room for the people I love.
Notice how She flows, and how sacrificing what I often deem to be the closest thing I can think to “needs” are the small cost I am willing to pay to experience this flow. The freedom that these small sacrifices allow.
Listening to a man who was invited by his wife to make a change in their relationship several years ago. At the time, it was, for him, a big change. He was concerned that it was the end of their love. He was sure that he didn’t want this change. Today, “we’re closer,” he told me. “There is more intimacy. She’s more appreciative, warmer.”
I asked her to be angry with me. I sacrificed my “rightness” not for happiness, but for a larger more expansive honesty between us. I asked for a change.
Now, of course, I’m living with that. Her way is not to rage, but to become quiet. So, another thing to remember: She needs a lot more time and silence than I *think* I need. She is, to turn to my favourite new phrase, “breaking the momentum.” And, in this broken momentum I feel how big this moment can be, and how much room there is for me to rest and open.
Speed, momentum, is a way of sustaining balance, of not feeling the tension, pressure, stress, and friction that are always with me. Broken, this momentum falls into the pieces of me that I rarely sit with. More and more I sacrifice this momentum for the deeper experience of love. Painful, often. Beautiful, always.
I know that she can only trust me to the extent that I am willing to sacrifice my illusion of safety.
🌀Illusion is the course of all existence...the nature of the fabric of space-time. Authenticity is the opportunity within the weave of the fabric, setting up the pattern that travels through it all.Our prayer is that you authentically exist within the illusion of the fabric of your space-time. (Guru Singh and Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀You are beautiful. (My beloved, my Oracle & my Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 3 of this month's practice, take 1 minute today to sit and listen to, or chant, the deep Aum (Om) mantra... The “universal sound”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this mantra, let this question stir within you…. Where is my busy-ness an escape from vulnerability? What am I willing to sacrifice, to know the flow of tenderness and love more painfully, more beautifully?
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 1 minutes or listen to the mantra sung by Sad Guru here: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxyG7B0jR_kH8VHLIUixJH6bABoGRAFBKu (I recommend setting your timer for 11 minutes and having this on repeat).
• As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨