- Today's suggested practice: Three minutes ... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Brahms, Sonata for Clarinet and Piano No 1 https://is.gd/27MQi3
- My morning practice: 60 minutes, warm-up, followed by Sat kriya and Linking to the Infinite pranayama and mantra.
- My vulnerability practice: Feel this moment of failure, of falling off the edge of my capacities, and trust that this is exactly what I need right now...
—Hans Peter Meyer
I want her to feel me, without feeling my need. I want her to feel my presence as that which holds her so gently she is only aware of being safe, being beautiful, as radiance radiating....
She said, I am always surprised by your support.
Let me paraphrase a lovely story from Susana Miller's book on tango. She relates how an aging milonguero (he who dances tango often) tells how it is with this dance: If at the end of a tanda (the set of 3-4 songs that every milonga, every social dance event, is broken into) she tells me, You are a beautiful dancer. Then I have failed. If, at the end of our tanda, there are few words, only a beautiful smile and her radiance, then I have led the tanda well. That is success as a tango lead.
If the feminine is aware of my skills, my artistry, my presence, etc then I am still too involved with myself to be the man she needs to blossom. She is aware. Her awareness is her in her masculine.
If the feminine only blossoms, is only present with herself, forgetting everything, knowing only the in-the-moment sensations of herself flowing freely beyond herself.... then I am being the man she needs, the man I am.
I told her last night, before the tears of her open body kissed my ears, that I want her never to be surprised by my support. I want to become so reliable, so powerful in my presence that she does not notice my support, only knows herself safe, allowed to move effortlessly into her natural state of being, of not-thinking, not-awareness, with only blossoming and radiance as her way. To simply be safe enough to be herself, this profoundly sensitive and feminine woman whose tests meet only depth and more space than she imagines herself able to fill with her radiance.
I do not want to impress you. I only want you to blossom. How do I serve you today, my love?
🌀Find out today whether you are willing to do what it takes to give your gift fully. As a first step, spend at least an hour today giving your fullest gift whatever that is for today, so that when you go to sleep at night you know you couldn't have lived your dey with more courage, creativity, and giving. (David Deida, Way of the Superior Man)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Three minutes to know your mission for today ...
Please read through first, then ...
- Set a timer for three minutes.
- Close your eyes and bring your attention to your breath. Let it be gentle and slowly deepening, slowly becoming slower.
- After three breath cycles becoming slower, put your right hand on your heart, your left hand on your genitals. Feel your breath gently filling both of your hands.
- Now imagine the flow of energy moving between your genitals and your heart, through your hands, your wrists, your arms, shoulders, top of your chest, and back again. Holding your sacral chakra and your heart chakra you are consciously connecting the energies of relationship and engagement with the energies of healing and love and expansion. Let yourself breathe into this flow and connection for three cycles, becoming slower and more aware of this flow between these two powerful centres of your energy.
- Feeling this connection, even if only in the warmth of your hands on your body, ask yourself, How can I serve love today? Breathe another three cycles, and ask again, How can I serve love today?
- Continue until the timer signals. There is no need to have an answer in words or thoughts. You have invited your body to show you its wisdom. OPen your eyes, step into your day, trusting that somehow, somewhere in your day you will know, with unreasonable certainty, how to serve love today. From this, all else flows...
** Dear reader.... There are many practices to deepen your sacred masculine capacity to receive and hold space for love on the podcast at sacredbodiespodcast.ca. If you have questions or would like individual guidance, please book a 15-minute chat (Note: this is for first-time conversations and coaching. If you're ready for more, please use the FORREADERS code for 50% off coaching here. )