- Today's suggested practice: Day 1 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Handel’s Messiah, https://music.apple.com/ca/album/handel-messiah-hwv-56/1452142723
- My morning practice: 6am: 30 minutes, physical , yogic practice, including Meditation for Trust
- My vulnerability practice: to hear only silence, and in this silence to know love and light and beauty and … stillness. To hear what I most need.
Hans Peter Meyer
We are entering the darkest days. Days of silence. Days of deep nourishment — if I allow. If I listen. If I trust. This is the yin season. Slowing.
Today the men who are in the Path of the Sacred Masculine, Part I (aka Basic Six) are entering their sixth month of practice. Their focus is on feeling Her, their own feminine, as She moves within them. It is the time of year to feel this inner stirring. To be still, and then more still. Only in stillness will She reveal Her secrets.
We are all of us, and especially those of us who are feeling the light and its gentle decrease, we are all of us feeling Her. It is the time of going within. Preparing to rest. Our rest, the nourishment we need.
It’s been unusually busy. Family and extended family health issues calling me to “do.” And, somehow, all of it beautiful. In this moment I experience my duty as pleasure.
I listen to my children. Each one of the four, in their own way, standing on my shoulders. I have made sacrifices. I am grateful that I’ve had the will to make these sacrifices, and to be still willing to sacrifice more, that my children may climb yet higher. To be more than I’ve imagined.
I listen to my beloved, deep in her silence. I can hear the noise of my neediness. The clanging clamour for attention. But I am able to listen more deeply. Today. I hear her need to be gently yet powerfully held.
I am listening to Handel’s ‘Messiah.” Forty-five years ago I began a ritual that I’ve practiced for most years since: letting the chaos and busy-ness of my life submit to the order and beauty of this song of sacrifice.
Sometimes I need to feel the chaos of Her formless movement, Her always-changing. It is only this that will break me open. To see light. To see beauty. To feel lifted. Alive.
Sometimes my beloved needs to be so deeply alone that she feels no demand, that she may, after a lifetime of serving and longing, simply be, herself, alone.
What gift can I give to honour her solitude & silence?
I listen. I listen, and I attend to my own neediness that she is not disturbed in her rest. Only rested will she begin to move again.
🌀She [my body] wants me to listen even deeper to her, so I do. To embrace my body with even more gentleness, and walking even slower. Here it's dark and the cold and the snow hasn't arrived yet… (Katrine)
🌀…I couldn't imagine. In the darkness of winter something new and yet ancient is growing. I feel how my whole life is expanding. I'm cracked open. Leaving me so soft and tender. And with insights that gives me so much pleasure and hope for what's possible in this beautiful life. I'm so open and curious in how all of this will lead me even deeper. (Katrine, www.darkfemininedesire.no)
🌀A mystic’s dynamic silence produces a powerful magnetic field that those around you can experience; it unifies the entire environment around key points of the unspoken wisdom, and nourishes everything and everyone within the field.
It becomes an even stronger experience for those who can appreciate it and not question the motive. This is, in fact, the value of being appreciative and being this way often.
After all, you never know when you'll bump into someone, or something, who’s in this mystic’s space -- one who effortlessly connects your dots and then connects you to them.
Our prayer is that you are around such mystics and mystical places often; that you enjoy the joy of deeply listening to their silence whenever you are, and that you practice getting your own point across with just the twinkle in your eyes...it’s a real eye opener.(Guru Singh & Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀I see you doing it. (My beloved, my Oracle & Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 1 of this month's practice, take 6 minutes today to sit and listen to “The Longing”…
Please read through first, then ...
• Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen and chant, or simply listen to this song, let this question stir within you…. What is your longing? Can you allow yourself to feel it, and hold yourself stable while feeling this?
• Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
• Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
• Set your timer for 6 minutes or listen to “The Longing” by M Path here:
• As the timer signals or the mantra ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.✨