- Today's suggested practice: Day 14 of this month's practice... (see below)
- My playlist while writing today's meditation: Sat Avtar, Guru Ram Das https://music.apple.com/ca/album/guru-ram-das/1122090703?i=1122090787
- My morning practice: 5:30am: 45 minutes of yogic practice, including Meditation for Trust
- My vulnerability practice: Listening into this silence, and with unreasonable knowing, hearing her calling…
Hans Peter Meyer
Three good men! I’m looking for three more men to join me in the next Path of the Sacred Masculine training… Please share where appropriate:
Things falling apart. Things falling together. How can I tell?
Listening. Even in the stillest silence, there is more for me to hear than I can imagine. I know this now, after years of not-listening. I know this now. It’s one of the gifts of walking through the darkness and the stillness of these recent years, to begin to feel how beautifully the silence has tenderness to share with me.
I wrote about this recently. Today, as so often, things falling together. But I’m only noticing because I’ve learned to sit, quietly, with my fear of “things falling apart.” To sit. To be patient. To be committed. And, to still feel the pull of the panic, the “it’s all going to pieces, and nothing I’m doing is making any difference!” So much drama, just waiting to be triggered, distracted by, enjoyed!
What happens when, instead of chasing that dragon, I sit and allow it to bring me what it offers?
Today it is the gift of remembering this throat, not only as a source of bleating, but of speaking my world into being, of listening (because the throat chakra is about all utterance, from me, from others, from the unseen and unknown voices all around me, within me…). I am today the both the speaker of the world I would create, and the listener of this world that is calling to be uttered, calling to be heard.
She once asked me for patience. I thought I knew what that meant.
She once asked me for commitment. And I thought I knew what this meant, also.
She told me stories of not being heard. And I thought I understood.
All of these utterances from the woman I understood as silent, not-asking.
It has taken years, and days and months and more of silence to hear what she was saying. Now, hearing her a little more deeply in this silence, I hear her calling me to be myself. To be the man she knew but I couldn’t know. The man I’ve come to know. The man I love.
🌀You deserve nothing. (Kendra Cunov)
🌀Your voice is a full body energy healing experience… (Sat Avtar)
🌀…chant [mantra] as a natural part of your days… fill the empty and meaningless chatter that occupies your brain… (Guru Singh & Guruperkarma Kaur)
🌀…Please be patient while I decide if I can trust you. Let me tell my story, the whole story in my own way…. (Ending Violence, @endingviolence on Instagram)
🌀Please be patient with me… (My beloved, my Oracle & Siren)
TODAY'S SUGGESTED PRACTICE
Day 15 of this month's practice, take 6 minutes today to sit and listen to “The Longing”…
Please read through first, then ...
- Today, sit (or stand) in stillness as you listen to your heart, your belly, your sex, your root and let this question stir within you…. What silent song is your body singing? What creation does it long for? Can you hear it? Listen more closely, more quietly, more still: Can you hear it now? Just listen, and let it change you, as you are called to be changed.
- Begin by closing your eyes and aligning your body into its truest, most elegant posture, tucking your chin to lift your heart, tilting your pelvis to straighten your spine. Become still, more still than you've ever been. Your alignment is the physical training for trustworthiness. Bring your hands to your heart, right (masculine) over left (feminine).
- Focus on feeling the vibration. That is all.
- Set your timer for 6 minutes or listen to “The Longing” by M Path here:
- As the timer signals or the song ends allow your eyes to slowly open. Take three, relaxed breath cycles, no pressing, no effort, and feel yourself full, without thoughts, open. Safe to receive. Then, step into your day, letting the mantra echo as a nourishing vibration whenever you become still. You don't need to DO anything. Let the world come to you with its demands, its complaints, and yes, its endless tide of gifts and blessings.
Ps. To listen this deeply, and to have the patience and the courage to face what feels like a wall of silence, requires profound nervous system strength. This is what the Path of the Sacred Masculine training is about: developing the capacity to hold safe and sacred space beyond anything you can imagine. If you're ready for this, please drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or set up a chat at sacredbodies.ca/chat
. Earlybird pricing ends Dec 15 (today) but if you’ve still not sure, leave a message at email@example.com or set up a chat and I’ll hold that pricing until you’re ready (or until remaining seats are filled).