This year I'm having an early Christmas celebration with my family in Vancouver. Before I pack my bags and my dogs, a few words of thanks. (Please take a moment to read to the end. There's a small "seasonal" giveback when you do 🎅)
Thank you to my "early readers"
As some of you know, I write about what I call my Apprenticeship to Love on a regular basis. It's a book, serialized as small chapters, and I'm grateful for every one of you who opens the email and reads what I've written. (I write for myself, but I do thank you if you're one of those who has replied with a comment.) Note: I'll be taking a break from publishing as I soak in the warmth of my kids and grandkids the next few days, and then the darkness and depth of the forest, over days after.
Thank you to my clients and students
Over this past year I've had the pleasure of teaching and working with a wide range of men and women and couples. Whether you've been part of the Yoga+Tango for Lovers classes, the various #Menswork retreats, mini-retreats and workshops, the Couples retreats, mini-retreats and workshops, or a coaching client —thank you for allowing me to guide you through what I offer. I'm humbled by your dedication to our work together, and moved by your willingness to step into vulnerability.
Thank you to my colleagues and collaborators
In 2023 I've been blessed to work with a number of teachers and coaches. Whether we've co-taught retreats or workshops, or co-hosted #Menswork or Co-ed conversations on the podcast, I'm grateful for your generosity.
To all of you reading this...
This dark, early winter season is my favourite time of year. As well as all the festivities of various cultures, there's the feeling I get of "coming home." Sitting by the fire, literal or figurative, and allowing the year to settle. To soak in. I wish every one of you some time to step back from what is often a very busy, sometimes too-stressful time of year, and remember how you've felt love, perhaps joy. Not always the "being loved," but the loving —of a child, a parent, a spouse, a lover, most importantly of yourself. I believe that this is our greatest gift to ourselves, to be the love that this world yearns to experience. Some of you I know, and I've felt your warmth for me. Some of you I have never met or exchanged words with. If you're on this mail list you're probably here because you know how to love, you know that you are the gift your family, your neighbourhood, your community needs.
The seasonal giveaway 🎅
I've got a few small things in my "Santa sack" to give away. Here's the random list:
- Two $25 gift cards to Atlas Cafe (my favourite restaurant on Vancouver Island, maybe the world)
- Five free tickets to the December 28 Apprenticeship to Love Virtual Workshop "For Intimacy" with Sarah Anderson.
- One free 45-minute coaching session.
Here's how you win:
- Make a minimum $25 donation to the local organization of your choice. (If you're not sure where to give, consider my favourites: Comox Valley Transition Society at https://bit.ly/3eCOJBT, the Pat Glazner Fund at Comox Valley Land Trust at https://bit.ly/48ksawg . Note: donating to my faves will not affect the random/first-come-first-served nature of the giveaway draw).
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me you've made your donation, to whom you've donated, and why you're grateful for the work this organization does.
- Please include your preference for giveaway prize (this is a random draw, first-come-first-served, so no guarantees).
- You must send me your email by January 5, 2024.
Best of the season to you, I look forward to hearing from you in 2024—if not before!
ps. If you're wanting to talk or ask about upcoming events, please book a no-charge 15-minute call here: sacredbodies.ca/chat